JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form, Admit Card, Result: JEE Advanced is a national level entrance exam which conducts by the Indian Institute of Technology (IITs). This year JEE Advanced will organize by IIT Kanpur.
Exam date already declared by the concerned authority.
The performance of candidates in this examination will form the basis for admission to the Bachelor’s Integrated Master’s or Bachelor-Master Dual Degree in Engineering, Sciences, Architecture, or Pharmaceutics in all the IITs.
The Joint Admission Board (JAB) release the official website of JEE Advanced which is http://jeeadv.ac.in. As per jee 2018 news, the online exam of JEE Advanced will conduct on 20th May 2018.
Under JEE Advanced exam 23 institutes are offering admission to the aspiring and eligible candidates.
JEE Advanced registration will be available in the month of April tentatively, or after the announcement of JEE Main 2018 result.
The examination consists of two papers, Paper 1 and Paper 2. All candidates who have qualified JEE Mains entranced test can apply for JEE Advanced entranced test.
JEE Advanced is the second level of Joint Entrance Exam (JEE Main). JEE Advanced both exam (Paper 1 and Paper 2) will be computer-based (Online).
Eligible candidates can register for JEE Advanced 2018 by official website. The final decisions of the JAB 2018 will apply in all matters related to JEE (Advanced) 2018 and admission to IITs.
For more information related the JEE Advanced such as Important Dates, Educational Qualification, Age Criteria, Application fee, Exam Pattern and more stay tune with this web page.
Officla website JEE Advanced 2018
Important Dates- Tentatively
IIT Kanpur will conduct JEE Advanced 2018 exam and also will announce the all important date on the official website of JEE Advanced 2018 which is http://jeeadv.ac.in.
Eligible candidates can apply for it. Right now only Examination date has been disclosed by the authority. Check jee advanced 2018 date as per jee main 2018 news:-
|Paper-1||20-May-2018||Sunday||09:00 to 12:00 IST|
|Paper-2||20-May-2018||Sunday||14:00 to 17:00 IST|
Last week of May to 1st week of June 2018
|Online registration||4th week of April 2018|
|Last date for registration||1st week of May 2018|
|Last date to submit fee||1st week of May 2018|
|Admit card availability||2nd week of May 2018|
|Exam date for both (Paper 1 & 2)||20th May 2018 (Sunday)|
Paper 1:- 9:00 AM to 12:00 Noon
Paper 2: -2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
|(i) Online availability of ORS & scanned response|
(ii) Request for review of scanned responses
|Online Answer key||1st week of June 2018|
|Receiving feedback of answer key from candidates||1st week of June 2018|
|JEE Advanced 2018 Result||2nd week of June 2018|
|Registration starts for AAT (Architect Aptitude test)||2nd week of June 2018|
|Exam date of AAT (Architect Aptitude test)||2nd week of June 2018|
|Architect Aptitude test result announcement||3rd week of June 2018|
|Seat Allotment||3rd week of June 2018|
The JEE-Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2018 will conduct by the seven Zonal Coordinating (ZC) IITs under the Joint Admission Board (JAB) 2018.
Candidates advice, before apply for JEE Advanced must check the eligibility criteria. Only eligible candidates are applicable to apply for JEE Advanced 2018.
If you are eligible then you can prepare as per syllabus of iit jee 2018. Now, if you are seraching for the link for iit jee syllabus pdf download, then you will get the same here.
But before that, there are some important criteria which you need to full fill to be eligible candidates:-
Nationality: – Indian citizen, PIO, OCI & foreign nationals’ candidates eligible to apply.
JEE Main 2018:- To appear in JEE Advanced 2018, India nationals (including OCI/PIO) have to appear JEE Main 2018 (Prepare as per jee mains 2018 syllabus to clear JEE Main paper).
Download JEE MAIN Papers: Click Here
The percentages of various categories are:
For OBC-NCL: 27%, SC: 15%, ST: 7.5%, the remaining 50.5% is open for all.
In these four categories, 3% is for horizontal reservation is available for PwD (including Dyslexic) candidates.
Candidates should be between the top 2, 20,000 (including all categories) by scoring positive marks in Paper-1 of JEE (Main). Category-wise distribution of top 2, 20,000 candidates:-
Number of Top Candidates
Age Criteria: Candidates should be born on or after 1st October 1993. Those candidates who belong to SC, ST and PWD have given five years relaxation and these candidates should be born on or after 1st October 1988.
Number of Attempts: – Eligible candidate can attempt for JEE Advanced maximum two times in consecutive years. Candidates appeared in JEE Advanced 2017 for the first time are also eligible for JEE Advanced 2018.
Class XII (or equivalent) examination: – Only those candidates are eligible who passed class XII (or equivalent) examination in the first attempt either in 2017 or 2018.
However, candidates whose Class XII (or equivalent) examination Board results for the academic year 2015-16 were declared after June 2016 are also an eligible candidate.
Admission at IITs: Candidate should NOT have been admitted in an IIT irrespective of whether or not he/she continued in the program.
- Candidates accepted the IIT seat in 2017 by reporting at a reporting centre and later not accept the seats are not eligible.
- The candidates whose admission at IITs was cancelled are also NOT eligible to appear in JEE Advanced 2018.
- Candidates who have been admitted first time in a preparatory course in any IITs in the year 2017 are eligible to apply for JEE Advanced 2018.
Performance in 10+2 or Equivalent Exam: – Candidates must to score minimum 75% in class 12th or be being in top 20 percentile is required to get admission in IITs, NITs, and CFTIs.
- Candidates appear in 12th (or equivalent) examination in 2017 but reappeared in 2018, the better of two performances will be considered.
Also see: GATE 2018 Online Registration
About Application form
Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Advanced 2018 registration will start after the announcement of JEE Main 2018 result onwards.
JEE main 2018 date has been already declared. So, you can fill jee main 2018 application form according to that and if you prepare well as per jee main 2018 syllabus, only then you can clear main exam.
For that go with jee mains 2018 syllabus pdf download. Now, read below information about he examination.
This is a national level exam which is very popular among the candidates who want to get admission in the field of Engineering, Architecture, Sciences or Pharmaceutics.
This is JEE Advanced conducting authority is IIT Kanpur. Seven zonal IITs conduct JEE Advanced. Other institutes including IIPE, IISc, IISER, RGIPT, IIST use JEE Advanced ranks for admission.
The decisions of the Joint Admission Board (JAB) 2018 will be final in all matters related to JEE (Advanced) 2018 and admission to IITs.
Name of Exam
Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) Advanced
|Exam Category||Undergraduate (UG)|
|Conducting authority||IIT Kanpur|
|Mode of exam||Online- Computer Based Exam|
|Participating Institutes||23 IITs of India|
|Number of candidates eligible to sit for JEE Advanced||2,20,000|
|Attempt JEE (Advanced)||Maximum 2 times in consecutive years.|
|JEE Advanced selection process||Though JoSAA counselling on the basis of JEE Advanced Ranks|
There are twenty-three (23) IITs located in the country which is:-
|Indian Institute of Technology (Banaras Hindu University)||Varanasi||IIT (BHU)|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bhilai||Bhilai||IITBhilai|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bhubaneswar||Bhubaneswar||IITBBS|
|Indian Institute of Technology Bombay||Mumbai||IITB|
|Indian Institute of Technology Delhi||New Delhi||IITD|
|Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines)||Dhanbad||IIT (ISM)|
|Indian Institute of Technology Dharwad||Dharwad||IITDharwad|
|Indian Institute of Technology Gandhinagar||Gandhinagar||IITGN|
|Indian Institute of Technology Goa||Goa||IITGoa|
|Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati||Guwahati||IITG|
|Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad||Hyderabad||IITH|
|Indian Institute of Technology Indore||Indore||IITI|
|Indian Institute of Technology Jammu||Jammu||IITJammu|
|Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur||Jodhpur||IITJ|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur||Kanpur||IITK|
|Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur||Kharagpur||IITKgp|
|Indian Institute of Technology Madras||Chennai||IITM|
|Indian Institute of Technology Mandi||Mandi||IITMandi|
|Indian Institute of Technology Palakkad||Palakkad||IITPKD|
|Indian Institute of Technology Patna||Patna||IITP|
|Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee||Roorkee||IITR|
|Indian Institute of Technology Ropar||Ropar||IITRPR|
|Indian Institute of Technology Tirupati||Tirupati||IITTP|
Also see: VITEEE 2018 Application Fee
Candidates, who are applying for JEE Advanced 2018, need to submit a certain amount as application fee. You can submit the application fee through online and offline mode.
Online you can submit fee by Net banking and be using the debit card and offline by e-challan. The application fee is Non-refundable or Non-transferable.
Description of Application Fee is below:-
|Examination Centres in India|
|For Female Candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
|For SC, ST, PWD Candidates||Rs. 1200/-|
|For all Other Candidates||Rs. 2400/-|
|Exam Centres Outside India (SAARC Countries)|
|For all Candidates||USD 135|
|Late Fee||USD 80|
|Exam Centres Outside India (Non-SAARC Countries)|
|For all Candidates||USD 270|
|Late Fee||USD 80|
You can check jee main 2018 pattern also with jee advanced 2018 pattern as per iit jee 2018 pattern. You should prepare as per syllabus of iit jee 2018 and for that go with iit jee syllabus pdf download link.
- Date of Exam: The examination date already release by the authority which is 20th May 2018 for both Paper 1 and 2.
- Examination Mode: This year JEE Advanced exam will be conducted in Computer-Based mode only.
- Number of Papers: Total number of paper is two (Paper 1 and 2). It is mandatory for all the candidates to attempt both the papers.
- Number of Subjects: Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics.
- Question Type: Multiple choice questions (MCQ). There are four options for one question, you need to pick u the right one.
- Duration of Exam: Total 3 hours for each paper. Timings for paper-1 will be 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and for paper-2, timing is 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Language: Candidates can opt any of language between English and Hindi.
- Negative Marking: – Marks will be deducted for incorrect answers
|Paper||Subject||No. of Questions||Per question||Negative Marking|
Architecture Aptitude Test (AAT) – Exam pattern
- Exam Mode: AAT Exam will be held offline (Pen Paper Based).
- Number of Paper: Only One paper.
- Number of Subjects: Three subjects, Mathematics, Aptitude Test & Drawing Test.
- Question Type: There will be objective type questions will be asked.
- Duration of Exam: The duration of exam will be 3 hours.
- Language: The medium of the question paper will be English only.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Total Number of Marks|
How to apply
Official website of JEE Advanced 2018 has been released by the IIT Kanpur and from the 4th week of April, 2018 registration process will start as expected.
Therefore we are providing your some of the simple and easy steps to apply for JEE Advanced 2017.
- First of all, login to official website.
- Then, fill all details and upload the documents.
- Then, submit application fee.
- Take print out of application form.
Login to official website
- First of all, visit the official website of JEE Advanced which is http://jeeadv.ac.in
- Then, open the Login window (Soon Available)
- Then, Login by entering the JEE Main 2018 Roll Number, Password and Security Pin.
- After this, set a new password for JEE Advanced.
Fill all details and upload the documents
- Now, candidates have to furnish their details, provided by them at the time of JEE Main registration.
- Also, mention the number of attempts. Candidates can only apply two times.
- You can also select the three examination cities as per their preferences.
- Then, choose the language of the question paper (English or Hindi).
- Then, fill other details, check all the details and submit it.
Candidates need to upload some of document and image in JPEG format. The image should be between 50 KB to 300 KB. Upload the required image one by one in a specified format.
Required Documents:- Class 10th certificate or birth certificate, 12th or equivalent exam certificates, Category, PwD or DS certificate (if applicable), Scribe letter (if applicable), and PIO card or OCI certificate (if required).
Submit application fee
To make application fee payment you have two options Online and Offline. You need to opt any of one:-
Through Online Mode:
- Candidates can pay the fee through online by using debit/credit card or Internet banking.
- Click on the “Pay Registration Fee” link
- The Multi-Option Payment System (MOPS) page will appear on the screen.
- Enter the payment details and pay the application fee.
- To submit application fee through Offline mode follow:-
- Click on the “Pay Registration Fee” link.
- Download and take a printout of the e-challan of SBI bank.
- Submit the printed e-challan with the required fee to the nearest SBI branch.
Take print out of application form
After application fee submission takes the payment confirmation slip. Do not forget to take a print out of application form.
About Admit Card
Candidates who have successfully register for JEE Advanced can download their admit card from official website of JEE Advanced which is http://jeeadv.ac.in from 2nd week of May 2018 onwards.
Only register candidates are eligible to download admit card. To download admit card candidates need to enter the registration number, date of birth and e-mail id.
Without valid admit card you can’t enter the examination hall. The Admit card is mandatory to appear for the exam. The procedure of downloading admit card is same as jee advanced 2017 admit card.
How to download Admit Card
- Visit the official site of JEE advance http://jeeadv.ac.in
- Click on the Admit card 2018 link
- Fill all the asking details such as candidate name, date of birth, and registration number etc
- And take a printout of admit card.
- Check the admit card details and in case of any error please contact JEE Committee.
JEE Advanced Last Year Cutoff
JEE Advanced 2018 Cutoff will announce on the official website. But the last year will display of the information broacher of JEE Advanced 2018.
From there, candidates of JEE Advanced can easily check the cutoff for JEE Advanced 2017 and previous years. The cutoff is the minimum marks required to qualify the exam and get admission into Desire University.
Candidate, who score up to or more than the cut-off are considered for merit allocation. From 2017 cutoff, candidates can gain a fair idea as to how the cutoff this year will be:-
The cut-off is based on Number of candidates appeared for exam, level of difficulty, and number of seats available:-
The table below shows the previous year initial and revised JEE Advanced cutoff marks:
|Category||Minimum Marks to Qualify JEE Advanced (2016)||Minimum Marks to Qualify JEE Advanced (2015)|
The table below shows the previous year initial and revised JEE Advanced cutoff percentage:
|Category||Minimum Percentage of Aggregate Marks to Qualify JEE Advanced (2016)||Minimum Percentage of Aggregate Marks to Qualify JEE Advanced (2015)|
Result – Check Online
IIT JEE Advanced Result 2018 will release on the official website in 2nd week of June 2018 as expected. To check your result you just need to enter the registration number and Date of Birth.
The result will declare through online mode.
Candidates can check their marks individually and subjects wise as well as the total marks scored with roll number, candidate’s name, and application number of JEE Advanced.
You can also check it along with category-wise All India Rank (AIR) through the result.
After the announcement of the IIT JEE Advance 2018 result, successful candidates will check their category wise All India Rank (AIR).
How to check the Result
- Login official website of JEE Advanced 2018 http://jeeadv.ac.in
- Open the result link
- Enter your JEE Advanced Registration number, roll number, and catch-up text is shown on the page.
- Click on Submit
- The result of JEE Advanced will indicate with All India Rank (AIR).
On the basis of jee advanced 2017 results it can predicts that merit list will be high.
Previous year Rank List:
|Rank List||Minimum Percentage of Marks in each subject||Minimum percentage of aggregate marks|
|Common rank list||10.0||35.0|
|OBC-NCL rank list||9.0||31.5|
|SC rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Common PWD rank list(CRL -PwD)||5.0||17.5|
|OBC-NCL-PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|SC- PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|ST- PwD rank list||5.0||17.5|
|Preparatory course rank list||2.5||8.75|
JEE Advanced 2018 counselling will conduct by Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA).
Joint Seat Allocation Authority is the main authority which conducts counselling for the JEE Main and JEE Advanced both.
Candidates who qualify the JEE Advanced exam have to sit in the JoSAA seat allocation process for the seat distributions.
Step by step process of Counselling:-
Registration: – Candidates who will qualify the in JEE Advanced 2018 need to register for seat allocation in all participating Institutes.
Filling-in of choices: Fill your choices of Institutes and branches in decreasing order of your preference. Candidates strongly urged to fill-in as many choices as possible.
Locking of choices: MUST “lock” your choices. For candidates who do NOT lock their choices, their last saved choices will lock automatically when the time-window for filling-in of choices closes.
The number of rounds of seat allocation: JoSAA will conduct 7 rounds – 1st through 7th rounds of seat allocation for academic programs offered by Institutes under JoSAA 2018.
Seat acceptance: Must pay the seat acceptance fee (by Online and Offline) and verify their documents at any reporting centre (josaa.nic.in) for provisional seat acceptance.
Participation in subsequent rounds: A candidate need to fill option for ‘freeze’, ‘slide’ or ‘float’ the choice of academic program.
Dual Reporting: If in a subsequent round, a candidate’s allotment from NIT+ system changes to an IIT, the candidate MUST report ONCE AGAIN at an IIT reporting centre.
Same as if a candidate’s allotment from IIT changes to a NIT+ system, MUST report ONCE AGAIN at any NIT+ reporting centre, failure to do so will result in forfeiture of seats allocated in both NIT+ system and IIT.
The syllabus of iit jee mains and advance is same as jee main and advanced syllabus 2017 for 2018 examination.
Now, you can check and download jee advanced syllabus 2018 pdf formate as you have downloaded already for jee main syllabus 2017 pdf.
You can also check jee advanced and jee main syllabus with weightage. IIT JEE syllabus 2018 pdf is same as iit jee syllabus 2017 pdf. So, you can aslo go with jee main syllabus 2017 pdf download.
Chemistry- jee 2018 syllabus
- Physical chemistry (General topics, Gaseous and liquid states, Atomic structure and chemical bonding, Energetics, Chemical equilibrium, Electrochemistry, Chemical kinetics, Solid state, Solutions, Surface chemistry, and Nuclear chemistry).
- Inorganic chemistry (Isolation/preparation and properties of the following non-metals, Preparation and properties of the following compounds, Ores and minerals etc)
- Organic chemistry (Concepts, Preparation, properties and reactions of alkanes/alkenes and alkynes, and Practical organic chemistry etc).
Physics: – General, Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Electricity and magnetism, Optics, and Modern physics
Mathematics: Algebra, Trigonometry, Analytical geometry, Differential calculus, Integral calculus, and Vectors.
For iit jee 2018 preparation you should make study timetable for iit jee preparation and then prepare as per iit jee advanced syllabus.
Helpline / Contact Details
Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) 2018
JEE Office, Academic Affairs Building
Indian Institute of Technology Kanpur
Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh
Ph. +91 512 259 7325
Fax. +91 512 259 0103
Email: [email protected]