JEE Main 2018 – Online Application Form, Eligibility, Exam Date, Admit Card, Result, Counselling: JEE Main exam conduct to offer admission into undergraduate Engineering programs.
And in IITs, NITs, central funded technical institutions, an institute founded by participating government and other engineering institution. JEE Main is one of the most popular exams in the India.
Candidates participate in that exam to get admission to B.E./B.Tech courses. It mainly conducts by CBSE (Central Board Secondary Education).
To be an eligible candidate for JEE Main 2018, you need to secure minimum 75% marks in the 12th examination or be in the top 20 percentile in the class 12th examination conducts by the respective Boards.
For SC/ST candidates the qualifying marks would be 65%. In the previous academic year, CBSE introduces some new changes like Aadhar card number is compulsory to fill up application form of JEE Main which is an issue by UIDAI.
The Paper-1 of JEE Main will conduct for admission in B. E. /B. Tech., candidates who have qualified the JEE Main (Paper-2) exam will automatically eligible for the JEE Advanced (Arch. /B. Planning).
Also check: AILET 2018 Important Dates
The JEE Main will conduct in two separate modes, Offline mode Pen and Paper Based Examination and Online mode Computer Based Examination.
Candidates who want to make his/her career in the field of engineering apply for Joint Entrance Examination Main 2018.
Then prepare as per jee main pattern of question paper and the daily time table for iit jee aspirants should be balanced.
Seeking candidates can get complete information about JEE Main 2018 application form, eligibility criteria, Important dates, syllabus, admit card, result, and counselling etc.
JEE Main 2018 Summary
- Important Dates
- Eligibility Criteria
- About Application Form
- Number of Attempts
- Application Fee
- Exam Pattern
- How to apply online
- About Admit Card
- Jee Main Previous year cut offs (2015, 2016, 2017)
IIT jee official website
Yet, there is no official notification has been released by CBSE regarding the JEE Main 2018 exam. It is expected that JEE Main notification will publish in November 2017 as expected.
CBSE will announce official exam dates of JEE Main 2018 in November 2017. Here we are providing you JEE Main 2017 important dates based on 2017 exam. We are providing tentative exam dates of JEE Main 2018.
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Notification release by CBSE of JEE Main 2018||22nd November 2017|
|Online Application Form available from (online)||1st December 2017|
|Last date to submit Online Application Form||1st January 2018|
|Date of Fee Payment||2nd January 2018|
|Edit application form||1st week of January 2018 to 2nd week of February 2018|
|Availability to download Admit Card online||2nd week of March 2018|
|Offline exam Examination Date for (Pen & Paper Based Test)||8th April 2018|
|Online Examination Date (Computer Based Test)||15th & 16th April 2018|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet display||24th – 27th April 2018|
|Declaration of Result (Score & Rank)||30th April 2018|
|Declaration of AIR rank (paper- 2)||31st May 2018|
|Availability of Score/Rank Cards||After declaration of AIR of JEE Main 2018|
- Date of Birth: A Candidate those born on or after 1st October 1993 is only eligible for JEE Main examination.
- Relaxation: 5 years relaxation shall be provided candidates belong to SC/ST & PWD candidates (i.e. DOB falls on or after 1st October 1988).
- Date of Birth will be considered as mentioned in secondary education board certificate.
- Age will be calculated as per DOB mentioned in Secondary Education Board/University certificate.
- Qualifying Exam: -Candidates who have passed class 12th examination/qualifying examination with 5 subjects in 2016 or2017 are eligible to apply; or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2018 are eligible to appear in JEE(Main)- 2018.
- Subjects: Candidates must be pass/appear with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects. Anyone with 4 or fewer subjects cannot apply for JEE Main.
- Minimum marks: To be eligible candidates to appear in JEE Main 2018, there is no minimum mark required, except passing marks. However, 75% in class 12th or being in top 20 percentile is required to get admission in IIITs, NITs, and CFTIs through Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA).
- Passing Year: Candidates must have passed Qualifying Examination/12th exam in 2016, or 2017, or will appear in 2018 are also eligible to apply. But, candidates appeared the final examination of 12th in 2015 or will do it in 2019 not eligible to apply for JEE Main 2018.
- Diploma Holders: Diploma holders may also apply for JEE Main 2018 but only eligible for admission to IITs. Diploma holders will be eligible for JEE Main so that they can further apply for JEE Advanced but not eligible for admission on the basis of JEE Main scores.
About Application Form
Before apply for JEE Main 2017, you must check some of important points related JEE main exam. Last year there are some changes take place in JEE Main patter by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India undertake:-
- The Candidates of JEE Main have to apply online only. There is no printed or offline application form available for JEE (Main).
- There shall be no weightage for the class 12th marks in calculating the ranks in the JEE Main examination.
- To fill personal and academic details successfully, candidates have to upload scanned images of photograph and signature in prescribe format on official notification.
- Candidates have to secure at least 75% marks in the 12th class examination or be in the top 20 percentile in the 12th class examination conduct by the respective Boards. For SC/ST students the qualifying marks would be 65% only.
- Applicants belong to the States of Madhya Pradesh, Uttrakhand, Haryana, Nagaland, Odisha & other institutions have to join JEE Main system, their admission criteria will be notified by the concerned authorities.
- Aadhar card is mandatory to fill online application form of JEE main.
Number of Attempts
There is some limitation, to attempts the JEE Main exam and the maximum attempts that can be taken for JEE Main examination, is as follows:-
- Only three (3) attempts to clarify the exam.
- For JEE Advanced candidates, have maximum two (2) attempts in consecutive years. Candidates who appear in JEE Advanced 2017 is also eligible for JEE Advanced 2018.
- Note and verify for them if he/she is eligible for appearing in JEE exam – 2018 as well as eligibility for admission to various institutes.
- Candidates seeking admission to the institutions in the states of Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Nagaland and Odisha, which were earlier admitting based on their state level examination, are also advised to verify their eligibility as per criteria laid down by these state governments/concerned authority.
JEE Mains 2018 application fee will effect upon the gender, category of candidate, and in exam mode. The fee will be different if examination centre is outside India (foreign country).
Candidates can check the application fee (in Indian Rupees) from the below table:-
|Papers||Offline- Pen and Paper Based||Online- Computer Based|
|Category||General / OBC (only boys)||SC / ST / PWD / All Girls||General / OBC (only boys)||SC / ST / PWD / All Girls|
Examination centre in India
|JEE Main Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.) or Paper-2 (B.Arch./B. Planning) only||1000||500||500||250|
|For Both JEE Main Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.) and JEE (Main) Paper- 2 (B.Arch./ B.Planning)||1800||900||1300||350|
Examination centre outside India (Centre Opted In Foreign Country)
|JEE Main Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.)or JEE(Main)Paper-2 (B.Arch./B. Planning) only||2500||1250||2500||1250|
|Both JEE (Main) Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.) and JEE (Main) Paper- 2 (B.Arch./ B.Planning)||3800||1900||3800||1900|
- You can pay the fee either by credit/debit card or through e-challan generated during the online filling of the application form.
- If you opt e-challan option, the payment, will payable in the Syndicate/ ICICI/ Canara/HDFC Bank in cash.
- No other mode of fee submission shall be accepted like money order, demand draft, IPO etc.
- The application fee is NON- refunded under any circumstances.
In case the examination fee is paid through credit or debit card, the candidates will need to pay Additional charges:-
- By Credit Card:-1.20% of the examination fee plus the service tax as applicable.
- Debit Card: – 0.75%+taxes for examination fee up to Rs.2000 and 1%+taxes for examination fee more than Rs.2000.
Mode of Examination: – The Paper-1 (B.E./B. Tech.) of JEE Main will conduct in two segregate modes. The Offline mode (Pen and Paper Based) and online mode (Computer Based Examination).
The Paper-2 (B. Arch./B. Planning.) will only conduct only in Offline mode. And for paper-1 candidate have to choose either Pen or Paper Based or Computer Based examination modes only.
You can also check syllabus of iit jee 2018 and the iit 2018 pattern that can help you in iit jee 2018 preparation. You should prepare as per jee 2018 syllabus & iit jee 2018 pattern.
|Paper||Paper 1 (B.E./ B. Tech.)||Paper 2 (B.Arch./ B.Planning)|
|Subjects||Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||Mathematics – Part I Aptitude Test – Part II & Drawing Test – Part III|
|Type of question||Objective type with equal weight age to Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics||The Mathematics, Aptitude test section will contain objective type questions, and Objective type Questions to test drawing aptitude|
|Mode of Exam||Pen and Paper based OR Computer based||Only Pen and Paper based|
|Course||All other undergraduate courses(B.E. /B. Tech.)||B.ARCH/B. PLANNING(At Institutions other than IITs)|
Also See: JEE Advanced 2018 Application Form
- Duration of Examination: – The time duration will be 3 hours/180 minutes.
- Language: For all exam cities, the question paper medium choice will be English & Hindi (except exam centre cities in Gujarat, Dadra and Nagar Haveli, and Daman & Diu where choices for question paper will be English, Hindi and Gujarati).
- The option of paper language should be exercised while filling up the Application Form and it cannot be changed at a later stage.
Marking: For one correct answer candidate get 4 marks and for one wrong answer, one mark will be deducted.
|Papers||JEE Main Paper-1 (B.E./B.Tech.)||JEE Main Paper-2 (B.Arch./B. Planning)|
|Subjects||Chemistry||30 Questions||Mathematics||30 Questions|
|Physics||030 Questions||Aptitude Test||50 Questions|
|Mathematics||30 Questions||Drawing||2 Questions|
|Marks||360 marks||390 marks|
You should make 1 year study plan for iit jee and create your own ideal time table for iit jee. You can download iit jee syllabus pdf (syllabus of iit jee mains and advance) from the official website.
For 2018 exam you can use best books for iit jee 2017 preparation also.
Download Question Papers JEE(Main)-2017 Paper I – Click Here
Download Question Papers JEE(Main)-2016 Paper I – Click Here
How to apply online
In order to appear in JEE Main 2018 exam candidates need to apply online, no other mode of application shall be accepted by the authority. More than one application form will be rejected.
The application form will be available on the official website of JEE Main 2018, in the first week of December 2017 as expected.
To apply for JEE Main 2018, you must keep ready with your scanned passport size photo, signature and thumb impression.
Steps to fill the application form
Registration: – Firstly visit the official website of JEE Main http://jeemain.nic.in. Click on “Apply Online” link available of CBSE.
For registration, candidates have to enter required details such as nationality, state of eligibility, Aadhar number, the name of candidates, date of birth, Gender, class 12th board, passing year of passing of class 12 examinations, roll number of 12 examinations.
Fill the application form: – Fill the application form by entering all the asking details. Check the application format:-
|Nationality||Indian / Foreign/OCI/PIO|
|State of Eligibility||State from where you have qualified/appear in the class 12th examination.
Enter the State mention in the Passport
|Enter the State||Mention the State from where the eligible candidate has passed/appearing in class 12 or equivalent examination|
|Aadhaar Details||Aadhaar Number/Enrolment ID/Registration number, Ration Card Number, Passport Number, and other valid Government ID Number|
|Candidate’s Name||Aadhaar or other ID|
|Date of Birth (DD/MM/YYYY)||Mentioned in Aadhaar or other ID|
|Gender||Male / Female|
Examination Details JEE (Main) – 2017
|Apply For||Paper – 1 (B.E. / B. Tech.)Only
2nd Paper: (B. Arch. / B. Planning) Only
Paper – 1 & Paper –2 Both
|Mode of Examination||Offline:- Pen and Paper Based Examination
Online:- Computer Based Examination
|Examination Centre||As per list of examination cities|
|Question Paper Medium||Hindi/English/Gujarati|
|Mother Name||Less than 46 Character|
|Father Name||below 46 Character|
|Category||General/ SC/ ST/ OBC – NCL(Central List)|
|Person with Disability (PwD)||Yes or No|
|If PwD, mention the percentage of disability?||Mention|
|Whether you need scribe/reader?||Yes or NO|
|In case of girl candidate, Are you the only child of your parents?||Yes or No|
|Place of Residence||Urban or Rural|
|Complete Mailing Address||Enter Valid address|
|Pin code of mailing address||valid address|
|Year of Passing Class 10th or its Equivalent||As per your document|
|Place of 12th class schooling||City/Town/Village|
|Year of Passing/Appearing Class 12th||As per your document|
|Class 12th Board Name|
|Whether appearing for improvement examination of class 12th in all subjects||Yes/No|
|If, yes, Roll Number of improvement Examination (if allotted)|
|Name of the Qualifying Examination passed/appearing|
|Type of Institution of Class 12th / Qualifying Examination|
|Preparation Mode||Self-Study / Individual Tuition / Coaching and Others|
|Name and Address of the School / College from where passed/appearing|
|Father’s Qualification, Occupation and Annual Income|
|Mother’s Qualification, Occupation and Annual Income|
|Declaration by the candidate||I hereby declare that all the particulars stated in this application form are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.
All information is read and understood by me for the JEE procedures for both JEE (Main)- 2017 and JEE(Advanced) – 2017.
. I shall abide by the terms and conditions thereon.
Upload the Documents
Check the Size and format of Photograph and Signature
|Image||File size||Dimensions||File Format|
|Photograph||4 KB to 40 KB||3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (Height)||JPEG/JPG|
|Signature||1 KB to 30 KB||3.5 cm (length) x 1.5 cm (Height)||JPEG/JPG|
Pay the Application Fee: Submit application fee via online or offline mode.
Book test slot: – For online exam of JEE Main, book test slot while filling JEE Main 2018 Application Form.
About Admit Card
The admit card of JEE Main 2018 exam will be available on the website from 2ndweek March 2017 onwards tentatively.
The candidates who had submitted the application form correctly on time can download admit card form JEE Main website only.
Admit card is an essential document without a valid admits card candidates do not suppose to enter the examination hall. The candidates need the display, admit card on demand for admission in the examination hall.
Candidate who does not possess a valid Admit Card issued by the Board shall not be permitted for the examination under any circumstances by the Centre Superintendent.
Must check the Admit Card carefully and verify your Name, Paper, Date of Birth, City, State Code of Eligibility, Gender, Test Centre Name, and Category.
How to Download Admit Card
Candidates can download their admit card for JEE Main 2018 exam from 2nd week March 2017 onwards tentatively:-
- To download admit card candidates, need to visit the official website of JEE Main
- Click on “Download admit card for JEE Main 2018” link
- Enter the application registration number and date of birth
- Take a print out of application form, and read the terms and conditions.
- JEE Main 2018 admit card carries all the important details related JEE Main exam, Test Centre Name, the slot of the exam, time of the exam, candidates roll number and so more.
Jee Main Previous year cut offs
The cutoff of JEE Main 2018 will determine the admission of eligible candidates. Cutoff of JEE Main will release by the CBSE after the result announcement and on the basis of cutoff candidates will get admission into their desire institutes.
The cutoff is the minimum marks to get admission and to be eligible for the admission. Candidates who secure marks less than the cutoff of shall not get admission.
JEE Main 2018 cutoff is the minimum marks which show the qualifying status of the JEE Main 2018 candidates for admission to NITs, IIITs and GFTIs.
Further, JEE Main cutoff marks 2018 are also the qualifying marks for appearing in JEE Advanced 2018 for admissions to the IITs.
JEE Main 2018 cut-off will announce after the completion of the exam. Meanwhile, candidates can check the previous year’s cut-off:-
The result of JEE Main 2018 will be declared by the CBSE on the official website of JEE Main on the 4th week of April tentatively.
The result will declare online and to check result you just need to enter registration number and date of birth. Score and All India Rank will declare by end of April 2018 through online mode.
- JEE Main result discloses actual marks and rank secured by candidates in Paper 1.
- Candidates will also notify whether he/she is eligible to appear for JEE Advanced 2018 along with the criteria as specified.
- Roll number wise result can be checked online at jeemain.nic.in requiring login with roll number and date of birth.
- All India Rank (AIR) will be considered for admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, SFTIs and others. AIR is mainly useful for counselling purpose whereas other ranks are only indicative.
- The rank card will only release online at official website.
The counselling process of JEE Main 2018 will be conducted by the JoSAA for admission into NITs/IITs/IIITs and CFTIs. The counselling of JEE Main 2018 will tentatively start from 3rd week of June to 3rd week of July 2018.
The counseling and seat allotment process will not entertain by CBSE it is jointly be conducted by JoSAA 2018, which also conducts seat allocation procedure for admission to IITs. The counselling process held online.
Also see: BITSAT 2018 Important Dates
- The Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JoSAA) 2017 set up by the Ministry of Human Resources Development (MHRD) to manage and regulate the joint seat allocation for admissions.
- This includes 23 IITs, 31 NITs, 23 IIITs and 20 Other-Government Funded Technical Institutes (Other-GFTIs).
- JoSAA will conduct seven rounds that is 1st through 7th rounds of seat allocation for academic programs offered by Institutes under JoSAA 2017.Admission will be offered to the candidates based on AIR and choices filled by them.
- To get admission, it is mandatory to participate in counselling and seat allocation process.
- There are huge numbers of colleges in every state that also offer admission through JEE Main. To get admission in these colleges, students have to apply separately in state couselling.
- Candidates are advised to regularly visit the JEE(Main) website http://jeemain.nic.in for latest information. The verification of documents would be done at the time of Seat Allocation Process/admission.
- Students who have appeared in JEE (Main) 2017 are eligible to register for seat allocation in NIT+ system (except IITs).
- Candidates allotted a seat must pay the seat acceptance fee (through e-Challan/SBI internet Banking) and get the documents verified at any reporting center (josaa.nic.in) for provisional seat acceptance.
NOTE: – This web page is about JEE Main 2018; you can bookmark this web page to get more information.